For prior year results or any other information regarding elections, please be advised of the Scott County Clerk’s Office open records process below for submitting requests.
Open Records Policy
Open Records Requests will be processed according to the following policy:
- Certain items may be excluded in whole or in part if they contain exempted information as prescribed under KRS 61.878.
- The Scott County Clerk’s Office is funded by collecting statutory fees. Accordingly, copies of records are fist subjected to the fee schedules established by KRS 64.012 AND KRS 64.019.
COPIES will be charged at $.25 per page. ALL FEES, including postage, if necessary, must be paid in advance.
Per KRS 61.874(3)(c), any type of media used to comply with a request is at the sole discretion of the Clerk and cost incurred for such accommodation, if granted, will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- The request may be:
Hand-delivered/mailed to Scott County Clerk, 101 E Main St, Georgetown, KY 40324
Faxed to 502-863-4648 (ELECTION DEPT)
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
- All open records requests should be submitted on the prescribed Open Records Request Form on the Scott County Clerk’s website at scottcountyclerk.com.
- A determination will be made within five (5) working days from the date an application is received (excepting Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays) regarding approval of the request, and the requestor will be notified in writing of the decision within the five (5) day period.
Per KRS 61.874, applicants requesting copies of public records for a commercial purpose must provide a certified statement to the Scott County Clerk stating the commercial purpose for which the records will be used. If approved, applicants will be required to enter into a contract with the Scott County Clerk. The contract will state the fee required by the Clerk to produce the copies, including labor and production cost.
Scott County Clerk
101 E Main St, Georgetown, KY 40324
- Chief Deputy: Kenna.Portwood@ky.gov
- Election: Amber.Hoffman@ky.gov
- Motor Vehicle: Betty.Tate@ky.gov
- Recordings: Tessa.Wagoner@ky.gov