1. Renewing Your Registration In-Person
Please visit the County Clerk’s office in the Kentucky county of residence to renew your vehicle registration in person. When renewing your registration at the County Clerk’s office be sure to bring:
2. Renewing Your Registration Online
- A list of eligible plates is available online
- Vehicles registered in separate counties to the current owner must be renewed separately.
- Leased vehicles cannot be renewed online.
- The vehicle(s) renewed must have unexpired registration(s).
- The owner of the vehicle(s) cannot have overdue property taxes on any other vehicles they own.
- The vehicle(s) must be insured for at least 45 days with the same insurance company for database verification.
Please allow 3 – 5 business days for online renewals to be processed.
A $2.00 fee per vehicle will be added to cover mailing costs.
3. Renew by Mail
Send registration certificate, current KY insurance card, and payment (plus a $2.00 mail-in fee) to Checks need to be made payable to:
Scott County Clerk
101 E Main St #109
Georgetown, KY 40324
Please follow the steps below to ensure your renewal:
- Property taxes must not be delinquent on any vehicle.
- Proof of Insurance must be a current KY Insurance card
- Provide a correct address
- Provide a phone number
- Registration must be current and not expired. (current month renewals only)
Motor Boat Renewals
All motorboat registrations and transfers are handled by us. Kentucky law requires all boats having motors to be registered if operated on public waters. To register a boat you must have your registration certificate.
EXCEPT BY THE INTERNET.
Pop up Information
Accepted methods of payment are cash, money order, cashier check, and personal checks on LOCAL BANKS ONLY. We accept Visa, Discover, AMX or MasterCard.