Open Records Policy
Records Request Form:
- OPEN RECORDS REQUEST FORM 2021_Standardized_Open_Records_Request_Form June 2021
Open Records Requests will be processed according to the following policy:
- Certain items may be excluded in whole or in part if they contain exempted information as prescribed under KRS 61.878.
- The Scott County Clerk’s Office is funded by collecting statutory fees. Accordingly, copies of records are first subjected to the fee schedules established by KRS 64.012 AND KRS 64.019.
- COPIES will be charged at $.25 per page. ALL FEES, including postage, if necessary, must be paid in advance.Per KRS 61.874(3)(c), any type of media used to comply with a request is at the sole discretion of the Clerk and cost incurred for such accommodation, if granted, will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- The request may be:
Hand-delivered/mailed to Scott County Clerk, 101 E Main St, Georgetown, KY 40324
Faxed to 502-863-7898
Emailed to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- All open records requests should be submitted on the prescribed Open Records Request Form on the Scott County Clerk’s website at scottcountyclerk.com.
- A response will be issued within five (5) working days of the date the request is received (with the exception of Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays).
- Per KRS 61.874, applicants requesting copies of public records for a commercial purpose must provide a certified statement to the Scott County Clerk stating the commercial purpose for which the records will be used. If approved, applicants will be required to enter into a contract with the Scott County Clerk. The contract will state the fee required by the Clerk to produce the copies, including labor and production cost.
Scott County Clerk
101 E Main St, Georgetown, KY 40324
- Chief Deputy: Kenna.Portwood@ky.gov
- Election: Amber.Hoffman@ky.gov
- Motor Vehicle: Betty.Tate@ky.gov
- Recordings: Tessa.Wagoner@ky.gov